I've had the idea for these in my mind for a couple of weeks now, but due to graduating, finals, holidays, etc., I haven't had a good chunk of time to sit down and work on them until now. Once again, these didn't come out quite as I imagined in my head, but I do like them. In fact, I'm thinking of doing some others in a similar style. For these 3 cards I used a scaned/printed out copy of a study aid I made for myself during Intro to Physical Anth. lab. I didn't like how the lines looked after they had been printed out, so then I went over them with a black pen. I then tried browning the paper with tea. That didn't work too well. It mostly just made the paper crinkly. Then I tried watercolors, and that worked out a lot better. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking too clearly and the watercolors made the black ink run a little bit. It's not too bad though, and I guess it sort of fits in with the general feel of the cards, so it's not a total tragedy. The words are hand-lettered with the same black pen I used to got over the lines of the diagrams. The words are actually written on an overhead transparency. The transparency is only attached (with plain ol' tape) at the top, so it can be lifted up to show the diagram on its own. I then mounted the whole thing onto a white cardstock backing using a very thin coat of Elmer's glue.